Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
After experimenting with many versions of cornbread recipes, I've finally created one that has gone down a treat with friends and family. A moist cornbread made using wholegrain cornmeal, organic soya flour, organic oat flour, and cream cheese. This cornbread recipe is high in protein, fiber, and low in sugar. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven at 410 degrees F.
- Line 9x12 inch baking tray with grease-proof paper (note: applying a thin layer of corn oil on the paper makes it easier to peel off the bread once baked).
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy, add milk, oil. Add to dry mixture. The mixed batter should be moist and of medium consistency.
- Cover dish with a layer of batter. Cut the cream cheese in cubes and sprinkle over first layer of batter. Add remaining batter to cover the cream cheese.
- Place in baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Cool, cut the cornbread into square pieces, and serve with tea.
Definitely a winner in the cornbread dept! Loved the hidden bits of cream cheese in it & will certainly be making this one again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Fall's round of Pick A Chef]