Recipe by The Skinny Truth
After experimenting with many versions of cornbread recipes, I've finally created one that has gone down a treat with friends and family. A moist cornbread made using wholegrain cornmeal, organic soya flour, organic oat flour, and cream cheese. This cornbread recipe is high in protein, fiber, and low in sugar. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Definitely a winner in the cornbread dept! Loved the hidden bits of cream cheese in it & will certainly be making this one again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 8 ounces stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 7 ounces organic soy flour
- 2 ounces organic oat flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 350 ml milk
- 5 tablespoons mazola corn oil
- 2 large brown eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 410 degrees F.
- Line 9x12 inch baking tray with grease-proof paper (note: applying a thin layer of corn oil on the paper makes it easier to peel off the bread once baked).
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy, add milk, oil. Add to dry mixture. The mixed batter should be moist and of medium consistency.
- Cover dish with a layer of batter. Cut the cream cheese in cubes and sprinkle over first layer of batter. Add remaining batter to cover the cream cheese.
- Place in baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Cool, cut the cornbread into square pieces, and serve with tea.