Prep 1 hr 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
It was passed on to me by my friend, Sanjay Prakash who is a genius chef himself! It is as special as its name, very unique, very tasty!
- 4 scoops well frozen ice cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50 g crushed corn flakes
- oil, burning hot (for frying)
- Give the ice-cream scoops a perfect round.
- Put the 4 scoops in the deep freezer for 15 minutes.
- Give it an egg wash once you remove it from the deep freezer.
- Roll on the crushed corn flakes and give it a nice coating.
- Put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Repeat the process twice.
- Heat the oil.
- Make sure it is burning hot.
- Deep fry the ice-cream quickly for 5-8 seconds.
- Make sure that the oil is very hot or the corn flakes won't get its colour.
- Now add little brandy or cognac and flambe it on the table.
I serve this with chocolate syrup and whipped cream as a topping. Also, I have substituted several different cereals depending on what I have on hand, and it has always turned out yummy.
This is super! We used to go to the Fisher Theater in Detroit and after the play would go to a restaurant named Al Greens. They were famous for deep fried ice-cream. This is as good as theirs, and a whole lot less expensive. I used strawberry ice-cream, and didn't flambe. I just put the ice-cream on a plate with chocolate swirls and drizzled a little more chocolate on top. I am so pleased to have found this recipe! Thank you Charishma!!
I tried this recipe for a recent dinner party. None of us were thrilled about it. I did not flambe it and maybe that is why it was just "alright". I coated the ice cream with the corn flakes three times and it seemed too thick. I served it with caramel and toasted pecans. It just tasted like ice cream with cereal. I would not make again.