Delicious Deep Fried Ice Cream Balls
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 5mins
- The night before you want to make this, take the ice cream and scoop it into balls, making sure they are solid with no air pockets.
- Place them in a shallow pan, lined with wax paper, that you can put into the freezer.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Next, combine the crushed cornflakes, sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock bag.
- Put the beaten eggs into a bowl.
- Take the ice cream balls and coat them as best you can with the cornflake mixture.
- Then dip the whole thing into the egg mixture and re-coat it with cornflakes, making sure the whole ball is well covered.
- Return to the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready for the final step, use a good deep fryer, and heat it to a fairly high temperature.
- Remove one ice cream ball from the freezer and drop into the hot vegetable oil for about 30 seconds, or until it just begins to brown.
- Take it out of the oil and put in a bowl to serve.
- You can top it with your favourite ingredients like chocolate sauce, whipped cream or cherries--or all three!
- The shell should be cooked and crunchy, and the inside will still be frozen!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me and my husband in Portugal, climbing up above the clouds with our bikes. Right now we are travelling around the world on our bicycles, so I only pop onto Zaar occasionally, when internet connections and time allow me to. If I don't reply to a message about one of my recipes, now you know why! Our trip may take several years so if it's urgent, it's probably better for you to post in the forums ;) Good food is really important to me -- I am happy to pay extra for food that I feel is produced in a sustainable and ethical way and always try to eat using seasonal produce. When we were in the UK we rarely shopped at supermarkets, trying instead to favour small producers, although we were very lucky in that we lived in London and there was lots of choice. We also were fortunate enough to have a weekly organic veg box delivered to our door, filled with so many lovely vegetables for very little money. It really opened my horizons in terms of the variety of vegetables I eat. If you're in the UK, check out Riverford for a box supplier as they're amazing! When I'm not eating I love to take pictures and travel with my husband. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif">