El Chico Fried Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- At least 5 hours in advance: Combine crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon in a shallow pan.
- Let ice cream soften slightly for 5 minutes.
- Make 6 balls of ice cream; roll in crumb mixture until well-coated, pressing coating into ice cream.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and freeze for 5 hours.
- Heat oil to 450°F.
- Unwrap each ball and fry in hot oil VERY BRIEFLY, about 2 seconds.
- Place in dessert dish; decorate with toppings, whipped cream, and a cherry.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is such a good recipe! It was easy to make and so very tasty, too. I used to love having fried ice cream in a Mexican restaurant when I was little, but they closed down. One thing they used to drizzle over their fried ice cream is honey, so we used that instead of chocolate sauce. It was very delicious and brought me some good memories while making memories for my kids.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.