Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on razzledazzle recipes site. It has a sinful amount of chocolate, but is SOOOO good! I've added my own frosting, but no one recipe is best... coconut pecan, cream cheese or plain, these diet killers will call you for a midnight snack.
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee (recommended to enhance flavor) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Prepare an 8 inch square pan by lining with foil and spraying with non stick cooking spray, having edges of foil overhang the pan on two sides to help in removal of brownies.
- Place a heat-proof bowl over almost simmering pot of water.
- Melt chocolates and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Whisk in cocoa and coffee powder.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a small amount of moist batter clinging to it.
- Cool in pan several hours (if you have the willpower).
- Using overhanging foil lift the brownies from the pan.
- Remove foil and place brownies on plate.
- Frost brownies as desired.
- Melt together chocolate chips and butter in heat-proof bowl over almost simmering water.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Beat until creamy.
- Frost brownies.
- Don't blink or brownies will be gone!