Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend of mine had us over for steaks and served them with this Mushroom Sauce. You could use whole mushrooms and serve as a side. Unbelievable!
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash pepper
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add minced garlic, thinly sliced onion, and mushrooms.
- Saute' for about 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of soy sauce and dash of pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve over your steak of choice.
Had a feeling this would be way too much soy sauce, but went ahead with the recipe as directed. Ended up straining all of the sauce and just garnishing with the remaining onion, garlic and mushroom instead, which was still overly salted. I would advise leaving out the soy sauce entirely or using a much smaller amount