Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simply made hors d'oeuvres that are crisp and chewy, savory and sweet.
Make and share this Dates Wrapped in Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices very lean bacon, 7 inches long,halved crosswise
- 12 pitted medjool dates
- light brown sugar (optional)
- Soak 12 tooth picks in water for 15 minutes; preheat oven to 500°; line a jelly roll with parchment paper.
- Wrap each date with a piece of bacon and skewer with a toothpick; place seam side down on the baking sheet; sprinkle with brown sugar if desired.
- Bake 6 minutes or until well browned; rotate and bake 2-4 minutes more until bacon is crisp; drain on paper towels; cool a bit and serve.
I love this recipe. Added about 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne to the brown sugar and coat the bacon wrapped date in it before baking. I also pre-cook the bacon for a few minutes in the microwave to remove a lot of the fat because I like my bacon crispy. I use a pan with a rack so the bacon grease falls off. Yummy.
These are incredible, I've emade these for some time and add cheddar cheese slivers to the center of the dates before wrapping and baking! Everyone loves these!
I have to admit that I was skeptical to try these because I'm not much of a bacon or date fan, but I helped a friend cater a wedding this weekend and she made these of course and I was so hungry I tried one--irresistable!! I can't wait to make them myself.