Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon
- Ready In:
- Cut 1/2 inch to 1 inch off the end of the asparagus.
- The asparagus should be at least 4 to 5 inches long.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil- just enough to lightly coat and add a touch of salt and pepper (optional).
- Separate into bundles (approx. 4 to each bundle) and starting at bottom of asparagus bundle, wrap with 1 slice of uncooked bacon.
- Repeat with the rest.
- Place on broiling pan and bake at 500 degrees for 5 minutes, turn them over and bake another 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15- 20 minutes.
Join The Conversation
I enjoyed this for an elegant way to serve asparagus. I used thick cut asparagus and stretched it around 5-6 to a bundle. The bacon was done perfectly, browned to perfection and the tips of the asparagus was a bit crispy - just as we like it. If you like your asparagus less done watch the oven. Thanks for an easy recipe that looks great