Fried Oysters Wrapped in Bacon
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 12 fresh, shucked oysters (, , in a jar)
- 2 fluid ounces oyster liquor (from jar)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups oil (for frying)
- 4 slices lean bacon
- 4 ounces unbleached white flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- In a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, poach oysters in oyster liquor with bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce (about 2 minutes, until the edges of the oysters curl).
- Remove oysters from liquid and set aside.
- Discard liquid.
- Cut bacon strips in thirds.
- Wrap each oyster with bacon and fasten with a toothpick.
- Roll in flour, dip in eggs, and then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a 9-inch skillet.
- When oil smokes, reduce heat and fry oysters for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation