Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A classic recipe made even easier! These mini cake-like muffins take only a few minutes to put together. The Bisquick makes for a crusty top with a fluffy inside.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (half stick butter)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, mixed with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (you can increase cinnamon if you like.)
- Stir together muffin batter ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Bake at 400 degrees in greased mini-muffin tin for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly and roll tops of muffins in melted butter, then cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Makes 24 mini muffins.
My favorite muffin recipe! I've been making these for years and prefer them to the other recipes I've also tried. Their "cake-like" insides are a great copy of a cake donut. They are so dependable and popular(with the Bisquick) that I always include them for coffee hours at our church. Thanks for posting, Cricket! Roxygirl
These were nice and fluffy but the flavor was very bland; it could use more spice and flavoring like some vanilla as well as more sugar.