Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
You need 12 eggs in total for cake and topping
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (1/4 for yolks 1/4 for whites)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- mix the first 2 ingredient in a saucepan on a medium heat ( dont stir, brushing down sides of the pan with pastry brush dipped in cold water).
- bring to boil until caramel color for 8 to 10 minutes and immediately pour into the prepared pan set aside.
- mix the next 4 ingredients well (eggs,condensed,evap,sugar).
- Strain through a sieve into the caramelized pan. Set aside.
- sift cake flour, salt and baking powder set aside.
- mix milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- beat egg yolks, with 1/4 of the sugar until light color then add dry ingredients alternate with milk mixture.
- beat egg white with the remaining sugar till stiff peaks.
- gently fold it to the cake mixture.
- pour into cool carmelized pan with custard gently.
- dont stir dont worry the cake will not sink to the bottom trust me.
- Place the cake pan in a larger pan (roasting pan) half-filled with hot water.
- bake for 1 hour (when toothpick comes out clean its ready).