Recipe by Manda_the_Fox
I like quinoa. I like curry. Together, they create happiness. You can use chicken broth instead of water if you aren't serving vegetarians or vegans.
Top Review by Chef GRW
Iâ€™m new to the quinoa experience, and I love curry so I thought Iâ€™d start here. It was great! Iâ€™d definitely use the broth instead of water, I think that added some nice flavor as well.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 3⁄4 cups water (or chicken broth)
- 1⁄2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Saute garlic and onions in oil.
- 2. Add ginger, curry and quinoa. Cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- 3. Stir in the turmeric and coriander. Cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- 4. Add water (or broth) and bring it to a boil.
- 5. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6. Stir in peas. Cover and cook until peas are tender and all the water is absorbed.