Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Once you do the prep, divide into 3 airtight containers, for here it is only 20 mins to the table whenever you need it. I have three-seasoned rice mix recipes see which one you like best. Look for the other two Chicken Flavored and Onion Flavored Rice Mix.
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Combine all ingredients and mix until evenly distributed.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Use within 6 months.
- Cooking directions: for 8 (1/2 cup) servings.
- Boil 3 cups water in a covered pan.
- Add 1 1/3 cups of rice mix; stir.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
What a great tasting ready to cook rice dish!! Sooo much better than anything I could buy in the store. This is a Keeper!!! Thanks for posting.
Made this mix up several weeks ago and finally made up a batch for dinner tonight. It's easy and very tasty. A little on the spicy side (probably depends on what kind of curry powder you use). We liked it a lot. I love the idea of a homemade flavored rice mix. Way better than rice-a-roni because it's preservative free and no fat (for Rice-a-roni you add butter). Can't wait to try the other two flavors. Thanks!
This was lovely. I made it with fresh onion, garlic etc as I didn't have instant minced garlic on hand.Making more today and freezing it in serving sizes. This is going to mix in well with my weightwatchers programme. Thank you so much for posting your mixes. will try them all.