Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix
A mix that will make a great gift or a pantry favorite. Ever read the additives on a box of this stuff?????
- Ready In:
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons spike seasoning or 2 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix ingredients and store in an air-tight container.
- Attach these instructions.
- To prepare, bring 3 1/4 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add Rice Mix, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and wait 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Use Long Grain white rice to decrease cook time to about 35-40 minutes.
- Wild rice takes quite awhile to cook.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very tasty! This was plenty done in 25 minutes. Also, could benefit from adding 1-2 teaspoons of butter to add flavor & prevent sticking. Never liked the packaged product as it was too salty and tasted to me like additives. I used homemade Season-All with little salt made from a recipe on this site, great recipes and ideas here on food.com!Reply
see 12 more