Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We live in WA State, where Dungeness crab is readily available. Canned crab is okay, but fresh is so much better. Serve on small crackers or melba toast.
- curry powder
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Use fresh crab if possible.
- If not, canned or frozen crab meat is acceptable, but not as good.
- Place crab in bowl, add onion, green pepper, and lemon juice; gently mix, trying not to break up the crab pieces.
- At this point, begin adding mayo to obtain the texture you seek- it should hold together, but not be mushy.
- The mayo should just serve as a binder.
- Then begin to add curry powder to taste; we like it very spicy, so I use about 2 Tblspn curry per pound of crab meat.
- Start small, taste& add more if you want it hot& spicy.