Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The best broccoli sadad I've had! I have cheated and used precooked bacon crumbles. Works just as well. Also I have replaced about 1/2 of the mayo with yogurt. This recipe is so good.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the bacon, broccoli, onion, dried fruit and sunflower seeds.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, curry powder, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat, and marinate over night.
Fantastic addition to the holiday dinner, substituted dried Cranberry for the Cherry Like a bit more curry next time.
I chose this recipe for Pick A Chef. I substituted bacon bits for the bacon and dried apricots as I couldn't find dried cherries at the store. We enjoyed the salad, but I think next time I'll add in a bit more curry powder and maybe some garlic powder.