Great flavor brought to prefection on the BBQ. Be sure to watch chicken carefully, smaller pieces will, of course, cook more quickly.
- 2 (2 1/2-3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, ready to cook- cut up
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- lime slice
- Combine cooking oil, lime zest and juice, onion, garlic, curry powder,salt, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and pepper.
- Place chicken in large zip lock bag and pour marinade over chicken.
- Chill 4 to 6 hrs, turning bag occasionally to coat evenly.
- Remove chicken pieces and reserve marinade.
- Place chicken, bone side down over medium-hot coals (or heat).
- Brush chicken with marinade frequently.
- Grill for about 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and grill 15 to 20 mins more, continuing to apply marinade.
- Garnish with lime slices and parsley.