Recipe by Lorac
A mild, quick and easy fresh tomato based curry sauce combined with fried zucchini and potatoes. The number of servings will depends on if it is served as a main dish or side.
Top Review by love4culinary
Lorac.....this recipe is AWESOME!!! I needed a really good dinner last night after a terrible day, and this REALLY brightened my evening. This dish is spectacular. We had it as a main meal with chappatis... It was just heavenly. I have an idea for a variation.. I plan to try tonight or tomorrow haha. I could eat this stuff daily!!! :-) THANK YOU SO MUCH!. I would give it 10 Stars if I could!!!
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- hot chapati or rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine zucchini, potatoes, turmeric and salt, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet, sauté zucchini and potatoes over medium high heat 5 to 6 minutes until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low, add ginger, cumin, and chili powder, and saute 2 minutes adding more oil if needed.
- Add tomatoes, sugar and water/broth, increase heat to medium high, add the reserved zucchini and potatoes and cook until the potatoes are done.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with hot chapatis or rice.