Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Vegetarian Times Jan 2003.
Make and share this Curried Yellow Split Peas and Cauliflower recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried split yellow peas, well rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, trimmed to florets
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In large saucepan, combine split peas and water, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover pan with lid slightly ajar, reduce heat to low and cook about 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in turmeric, curry powder and onion, and sauté, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and 1 cup vegetable stock, and continue cooking and stirring for 7 to 10 minutes more.
- Add split peas, remaining oil and any remaining cooking water to skillet, stirring to combine well.
- Reduce heat to medium- low and add green peas, red pepper and more stock, if needed. Continue to cook until split peas are soft, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in coconut, raisins and salt to taste. Serve hot.