Vegetarian Times Jan 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried split yellow peas, well rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, trimmed to florets
- 1 -1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1In large saucepan, combine split peas and water, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Cover pan with lid slightly ajar, reduce heat to low and cook about 15 minutes.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in turmeric, curry powder and onion, and sauté, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Add cauliflower florets and 1 cup vegetable stock, and continue cooking and stirring for 7 to 10 minutes more.
- 5Add split peas, remaining oil and any remaining cooking water to skillet, stirring to combine well.
- 6Reduce heat to medium- low and add green peas, red pepper and more stock, if needed. Continue to cook until split peas are soft, about 5 minutes more.
- 7Stir in coconut, raisins and salt to taste. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Yellow Split Peas and Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: