Lemony Yellow Pea Soup
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Cook the peas and the celery in the chicken stock for 45 minutes.
- Once the peas are tender, puree.
- Add the seasonings, lemon juice and flour to the melted margarine, adding small amounts of the soup to thin (if necessary).
- If you find the soup too thick add the optional water.
- Add the margarine mixture to the soup and simmer 15 minutes before you serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Outstanding, This is wonderful soup that is very simple to make. I too have to say that the 4 servings would be on the small side. I made it for lunch and used half of it. It's a delightful twist on the standard pea soup with ham, The cumin and lemon open a brave new world of pea soup goodness. I skipped the margarine (to save some fat) and the flour because it wasn't needed, in fact I needed to add a bit more water. I can't imagine why I haven't made this sooner but I'm so glad that I finally did, :D. Made for Photo Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.