Recipe by chia
This is so quick and easy and is great over jasmine or basmati rice.
Top Review by horseplay
Very yummy and simple to make. I would however recommend putting the jalapeno in a bit later, because I think it cooked a bit too much and as a result wasn't very flavorful. Thanks Chia! I will be making this again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onion, jalapeño, salt and pepper.
- Cook a few minutes to soften.
- Add tomato paste, curry powder and ginger; cook a minute or 2.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water and lower heat to simmer; cook about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- Add yogurt and lime juice; stir to blend.
- Remove from heat; serve over rice.