Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so quick and easy and is great over jasmine or basmati rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onion, jalapeño, salt and pepper.
- Cook a few minutes to soften.
- Add tomato paste, curry powder and ginger; cook a minute or 2.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water and lower heat to simmer; cook about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- Add yogurt and lime juice; stir to blend.
- Remove from heat; serve over rice.
Very yummy and simple to make. I would however recommend putting the jalapeno in a bit later, because I think it cooked a bit too much and as a result wasn't very flavorful. Thanks Chia! I will be making this again.
This was very good. I enjoyed reading it even, as I could see where you were taking the recipe. It turned out wonderfully. I put the jalapeno in a bit later, and I added the tomatoes just before step 6. I also did not use any tomato paste. I also used regular tomatoes. This was really yummy. Thanks for submitting this recipe.
Wow! I learned something new! I didn`t know America had there version of jasmine rice. I did use fresh grated ginger. Yogurt is the always my first choice which I used. The tomatoes where not great looking so I used canned diced spicy tomatoes. Topped the finished dish off with cilantro(one of my favorite Herbs)! The directions doesn`t say when to add the tomatoes so it did at step 6. If thats not right it worked. Chia, this one is a keeper! Thanks!