1/3 Photos of Curried Salmon and Rice Slice
Perfect Pixie's Note:
This is very very good, my aunty's recipe--we love this in my house. This may seem like a lot of ingredients, but it is too good to miss out on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice in boiling salted water for 12 minutes; drain.
- 2Combine rice with butter, egg, salt and pepper.
- 3Line a 18cm x 28cm dish with aluminium foil, bringing it above sides of dish.
- 4Press mixture over base and sides of tin.
- 5Arrange drained, flaked fish over rice base.
- 7Melt butter.
- 8add flour and curry powder, stir until smooth, cook 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- 9Add milk gradually, stirring until smooth.
- 10Add mayonnaise and return to heat; stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- 11Add lemon juice and parsley.
- 12Reduce heat, simmer 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- 13Add beaten egg, cool slightly.
- 14Pour mixture onto fish.
- 15Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 16Bake in a moderate oven 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Salmon and Rice Slice
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.7
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 233.0 mg
- Sodium 619.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 35.5 g