This is very very good, my aunty's recipe--we love this in my house. This may seem like a lot of ingredients, but it is too good to miss out on.
- Cook rice in boiling salted water for 12 minutes; drain.
- Combine rice with butter, egg, salt and pepper.
- Line a 18cm x 28cm dish with aluminium foil, bringing it above sides of dish.
- Press mixture over base and sides of tin.
- Arrange drained, flaked fish over rice base.
- Melt butter.
- add flour and curry powder, stir until smooth, cook 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- Add milk gradually, stirring until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise and return to heat; stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add lemon juice and parsley.
- Reduce heat, simmer 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- Add beaten egg, cool slightly.
- Pour mixture onto fish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.