Penne With Smoked Salmon and Peas
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb frozen green pea
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- fresh dill (to garnish)
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water.
- Cook, stirring until the pasta is"al dente".
- Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pot.
- Add the peas, smoked salmon, lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, olive oil,scallions, and stock.
- Simmer till heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh dill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a good, easy to make dish that stretches a small amount of a pricy ingredient a long way. One observation: a pound of pasta is eight servings, not four. I was cooking for myself, so made 1/4 of the recipe, but a standard 2-ounce portion of small whole wheat shells. I did not have a quarter cup of either stock or broth and did not want to open a can for such a small amount, BUT I did have some heavy cream in the fridge, and the cream worked very well to marry the ingredients and counterpoint the sharpness of the lemon. The peas are a great addition, adding color and fiber. I would certainly serve this to anyone.