Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
found in 1999 taste of home cookbook. It was posted by Pat Medley. I have not yet tried it.
Make and share this Curried Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- In saucepan put water, rice, margarine and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Add peas, celery and onions.
- In small bowl combine mayonnaise, chutney, and curry powder.
- Add to rice and stir well.
This was excellent! I used butter instead of margarine, didn't cook the frozen peas (just thawed at room temp), and substituted half of the mayo with plain yogurt. It's a quick and easy thing to make for brown-bag lunches.