Recipe by bernettavan
French lentils and curry are a natural, add some squash, or even some beets and it only gets better!
- 1 small squash, either butternut or 1 small acorn, works best
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons curry paste, whatever spice level you like
- 1⁄2 walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups French lentils, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄4 cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up squash into 1 inch squares, mix with cut up onion and curry past and spread onto a cooking sheet, bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes until the squash is almost soft. add the walnuts and cook until the squash is soft. Remove from oven to cool.
- mix together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Add veggies and dressing to lentils along with the cilantro, let sit for an hour or so to blend flavours and enjoy!
- I have in the past added cooked golden beets, or red beets and even some goat cheese bites. this is a real hit in our house!