photo by JRH8598
- Ready In:
- Wash and sort the lentils and cook until they are tender but firm.
- 4 cups of water High Heat 10 minutes and low/medium heat 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- When it is hot, add the garlic and saute over moderately low heat for 1 minute then add the spinach and cook about 2 mins or so until all the leaves are wilted.
- Add the lentils and the remaining ingredients to the skillet.
- cover and simmer over very low heat for 15 minutes.
- This is good over mashed potatoes, rice or couscous.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was SO flavorful. The colors, textures and aromas were divine. I absolutely LOVE this dish. (I used tamari instead of regular soy, about 14 oz of spinach and a few extra dashes of all the spices). I served it over sun-dried tomato/ spinach couscous. This is a very healthy meal...not to mention super inexpensive; I couldn't have spent more than $5 at the grocery store. You have to love that!