1/1 Photo of Curried Eggs
This is based on a recipe from The Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking, edited by Charlotte Turgeon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, peeled, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups stock (or 1 bouillon cube and 2 cups water)
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cups freshly cooked rice
- 8 red pimiento strips
- 1Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft but not browned.
- 2Add flour, curry powder, and a little salt; stir over low heat until mixture forms smooth paste.
- 3Add stock gradually; stir until boiling.
- 4Add apple and Worcestershire sauce; cover.
- 5Simmer gently 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Add eggs; heat through.
- 7Place rice on large platter; arrange eggs and sauce on top.
- 8Crisscross pimiento strips over egg.
- 9Serve with chutney.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.8
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 212.0 mg
- Sodium 105.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: