Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I made combining two other recipes. My husband is on a low cholesterol diet and I made this to follow his guidelines to lower cholesterol and also calories.
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- parsley sprig (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredient's in a small bowl, stir well, set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick frypan, coated with cooking spray, over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry powder mixture and garlic, cook 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Spoon mixture into a large bowl, cool.
- Add 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, lemon rind, crabmeat, and egg beaters to onion mixture.
- Stir well.
- Divide crabmeat mixture into 12 equal portions, shaping each into 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs into a shallow dish.
- Dredge each crabcake into breadcrumbs and place on an oven safe pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Place on plates and garnish with parsley sprig.