Recipe by PanNan
The recipe from Kenya is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks wonderful. The source is The Africa Cookbook - Tastes of a Continent by Jessica B. Harris
Top Review by luvcook'n
This is really really good. I made it as part of an Indian meal...and we all loved it. Simple yet so much flavour. I have never had curried corn and was very pleased with the results....can anything be bad with coconut milk??? Thank you for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (hot Madras type)
- 5 cups corn, cut from cob or 5 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add onion and garlic to butter. Cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add curry powder, stirring to coat the onions well. Add corn, stir, and continue to cook.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut milk slowly to the cornstarch, stirring to prevent lumps. Add this mixture to the corn mixture, stirring well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Lower heat, and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. The coconut milk should be mostly absorbed.
- Serve warm.