Banana Blintz Loaf
This is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried them yet, but I can't wait to do so. This recipe is from the Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook - a collection of traditional recipes from contemporary kosher kitchens.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted margarine, melted
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and 8 X 8 baking pan.
- Using a blender or food processor, combine margarine, cream cheese, cottage cheese, and eggs. Blend until smooth. Add lemon juice, vanilla extract, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Blend.
- Add bananas and honey. Blend well, and pour into baking pan.
- Bake 40 - 50 minutes, until it's set and brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I’ve never made – or eaten – a blintz loaf before: blintzes yes, but not blintz loaf. It seemed to me a cake recipe with the additional ingredients I used to use as filling in my blintzes. It’s a while since I made blintzes: several decades in fact! This Banana Blintz Loaf was very quick to make, had a beautifully moist texture and tasted scrumptious. In view of NoraMarie’s comment about it being bland, I used 11/2 teaspoons of lemon juice. And I also added 1/4 cup of ground almonds and added slivered almonds on top of the loaf before it went in the oven. Thanks for sharing this recipe, PanNan, and I hope that you like it when you try it.Reply