1/7 Photos of Curried Chicken With Rice
This one comes from my newlywed days when I received a whole set of illustrated recipe cards. I tweaked it to suit our tastes into a very flavorsome and aromatic meal! The rice cooks in the microwave while the chicken works in the frying pan; why--dinner will be ready before you know it--altho' you WILL have to listen to LOTS of begging (as in, "What are you making that smells so good?" and "Are we ever going to eat?").
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1THE RICE: Dump ingredients into a microwave-safe casserole dish; zap in the microwave until fluffy; keep covered; set aside.
- 2THE CHICKEN: Melt butter in large HOT frying pan, add chicken and brown on all sides; remove pieces as it browns (keep warm).
- 3THE SAUCE: To butter in pan, add onion pieces, cook & stir until soft and beginning to brown.
- 4Mix in garlic and curry powder, stirring for one minute; quickly add ginger & tomato paste, pour in HALF of the broth, stirring up the fond, then the remainder of the broth.
- 5Return chicken to pan, spooning some of the sauce over each piece; cover & reduce heat.
- 6Simmer chicken until tender (about 30-40 minutes).
- 7Mix cornstarch & water.
- 8Pile half of chicken on the other pieces to clear a space in the pan; stir cornstarch-water into cleared spot and cook until thickened.
- 9Salt to taste, then return chicken to pan and coat on all sides with that rich-looking sauce.
- 10Serve with rice and use sauce for gravy.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (2266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 222.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: