1/1 Photo of Curried Chicken Pasta Salad
I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman website. I use craisins in lieu of raisins, celery seed instead of celery ribs, and skinless boneless grilled chicken (Creating the broth with bouillon). http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/08/curried-chicken-pasta-salad/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs skinless chicken breasts, bone in
- 6 ounces dry pasta
- 4 celery ribs, Thinly Sliced, Leaves Included (use Interior Ribs)
- 1/4 cup shallot (diced)
- 3/4 cup golden raisin (or craisins)
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons curry powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat a pot of water.
- 2Season chicken and add to water to boil for 20-25 minutes (until done).
- 3Remove chicken from water and set on a plate to cool.
- 4Add and cook pasta in chicken broth.
- 5Drain pasta when fully cooked.
- 6Separate chicken from the bone & Dice/shred chicken.
- 7In a bowl, Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream, curry powder, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- 8Whisk together until well combined.
- 9Add chicken, drained pasta, sliced celery, raisins, shallots and almonds.
- 10Fold together with a rubber spatula.
- 11Make sure it's all combined, then add more of whatever it needs.
- 12Make sure the sweet/savory balance is right for you! (I like mine a little sweet.).
- 13Chill for several hours. Serve with juicy grapes on the side.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.5
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 376.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 28.8 g