Curry and chicken are rolled up in a thin, tender crepe and refridged so can be made a day ahead as not to fuss with guests!!!!
- 1 lb cooked chicken, sliced
- 1 large potato, diced and boiled till almost tender
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- salt & pepper
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- For crepes, combine all-purpose flour, the 1 cup milk, egg, butter, salt, and pepper.
- In a blender mix well.
- Spray a 6-inch skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- Preheat skillet; then remove skillet from heat.
- Pour in 1-2 tablespoons batter.
- Lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.
- Return to heat; brown on one side only.
- Invert skillet over paper towels; remove crepe.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- For filling, spray a cold medium saucepan with nonstick spray coating.
- Heat saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is tender, stirring often.
- Add brown sugar, turmeric, and curry powder; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Then, stir in condensed soup and the 3 tablespoons milk.
- Add chicken and potato.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the soup mixture; cover and chill.
- To assemble, spoon some of the chicken mixture onto the unbrowned side of each crepe.
- Roll up.
- Place filled crepes, seam side down, in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish sprayed with Pam.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, stir the reserved soup mixture.
- Spoon soup mixture on top of filled crepes.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree F.
- oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- If desired, cilantro and yogurt!