1/2 Photos of Curried Chicken and Shrimp
A light curry that goes well with noodles or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup banana, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup apple, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Remove any bones or skin from the chicken breasts. Cut into 1 inch cubes. There should be about 3 cups chicken and 2 cups shrimp all together. Set aside.
- 2Heat half the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Cook about 1 or 2 minutes, then add celery. Cook another minute then season with curry powder and stir. Add the tomato paste; stir. Add banana and apple; stir. Add the broth and stir until liquid is well blended. Salt to taste and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Heat the remaining butter in a saucepan. Add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring.
- 4Meanwhile, pour the curry mixture into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Can also be done with an immersion blender.
- 5Pour the sauce over the chicken and shrimp, heat 2 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.6
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 378.4 mg
- Sodium 1699.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 65.0 g