- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1 teaspoon garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; saute onion& garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Saute the cauliflower florets, stirring occasionally for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, water, oats& seasonings; bring to a boil, reduce heat& simmer for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Being careful with the hot liquid, puree in batches in a blender; return to the pot& test for seasonings.