Keto / Low Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Ready In:
1 Cup Servings
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1. Add butter, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder & paprika to a large pot over medium heat. Stir frequently until melted and blended together.
- 2. Add heavy cream and chicken broth, stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Once boiling allow to boil 5-8 minutes.
- 3. Add broccoli, stir and return to a boil. Once boiling reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat, add cheddar, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and Serve.
- This makes 6 - 1 cup servings at 4.1 net carbs.
Join The Conversation
The flavor profile of this soup is pretty good. My criticism is in the thickness. It is a runny soup, the consistency of milk. After adding the cheese I realized that it was too runny but by then it was too late to correct. I’ll try this recipe again, but add some xanthum gum next time before adding the cheese. This recipe made six 1 1/2 cup servings for me. I added another 1/4 cup of cheese per serving as garnish when serving. Without it, the soup is creamy but not cheesy enough for my taste.
This is the best Broccoli soup I have ever made, besides having my husband confirmed it! I made this soup 3 weeks ago, during this ongoing Covid-19 crisis while we are all home bound. My husband, Stephen, took ONE warm spoonful, he peered over his readers and said, "This is the best cheese soup I have ever tasted!" I said, "You know what's great about this soup?" He kept eating spoonful after spoonful and again peered over his glasses as he lifted his head, I said "This soup has broccoli in it and there's no Velveeta in it ,and it does not take all day to make!" Since then I've made it 2 more times, for my college senior son and his girlfriend who are back home taking their online classes with no graduation ceremony in sight and for our oldest son's family, whose wife also has a new love besides her two young sons, this soup! Many thanks for this totally amazing meal! Also pray for all those affected & died from Covid-19, besides give thanks for all those working diligently to rid this virus & to find a vaccine, and everyone in between.