Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another healthy, hearty yet tasty soup thats quick & easy to make!
Make and share this Curried Cauliflower Soup - Low Carb, Low Fat recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; saute onion& garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Saute the cauliflower florets, stirring occasionally for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, water, oats& seasonings; bring to a boil, reduce heat& simmer for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Being careful with the hot liquid, puree in batches in a blender; return to the pot& test for seasonings.
I used extra curry and a sprinkle of cayenne- I'm such a lazy cook I seldom measure and my family likes their foods spicier than most!! Thanks for the healthy soup!
Was kinda bland for my taste. However it was easy.
I tried to make this using frozen cauliflower and it did not work as well as I hoped. Even though I let the frozen vegatatable thaw and drain before cooking, the soup was initially watery not in consistency but in flavor. I ended up adding 2 teaspoons of curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala to reach the flavor level that I like. Will certainly try this again with fresh cauliflower. My own soup was *** but I think the recipe is better than that. Thanks Country Lady.