1/1 Photo of Curried Carrot and Coriander Soup
This warming soup is gently spices with cumin, cardamom and coriander and is also delicious served chilled on a hot summer's day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seed, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/3 lbs carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1Spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- 2Add the ground spices and garlic and continue to stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add the carrots and 3.5 cups of water.
- 4Bring to the boil, cover and then simmer gently for 25-30 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- 5Season well, allow to cool slightly then place in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 6Return the soup to the saucepan and reheat gently. Ladle into four warmed bowls, stir in the chopped cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Carrot and Coriander Soup
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 171.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g