This is a modification of a recipe from the old Silver Palate cookbook. It is very easy to make and delicious! This is tasty & pretty enough for holiday meals & company dinners.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) bag baby carrots
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Place the carrots in a heavy large saucepan and add cold water to cover.
- Cook over medium high heat just until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Mix the butter, curry powder, salt and pepper and add to the carrots.
- Heat over very low heat, tossing to coat the carrots with the butter mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Heat, tossing occasionally, until the carrots are glazed.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation