Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pick over currants.
- Heat in a large kettle with water until thoroughly heated through; mash with a potato masher and turn into a jelly bag to drip into container.
- Measure resulting juice and add one pound of sugar to every pint of juice.
- Boil about 20 minutes or until jelly reaches 220F on a candy thermometer (at sea level; reduce by two degrees for every 1000 feet in elevation).
- Skim, pour into hot sterilized jelly glasses and seal in a boiling water bath for ten minutes.