Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This soup is extremly refreshing and well suited for a hot, summer day, especially since it requires no cooking. This is a low-fat version but you can use the regular ingredients if you like.
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups nonfat sour cream
- In a blender, puree cucumbers, tabasco, mustard, onion, salt, pepper, dill and 1 cup each of yogurt, milk and sour cream.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and add remaining yogurt, milk and sour cream.
- Mix well and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with some or all of the following: chopped green onion; thinly sliced cucumber slices; dill sprigs; diced, cooked shrimp; crabmeat and/or croutons.