Cream of Zucchini, Carrot and Cucumber Soup
Delicious curried soup! I clipped this recipe from the Detroit Free Press many years ago. Very easy to make.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped (1 c)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 zucchini, cut into half-rounds (2 c)
- 3 carrots, scraped and sliced (2 c)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 6 cups canned chicken or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup milk
- Melt butter in large soup pot. Add onions and garlic. Add vegetables, curry, and broth, bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool lukewarm. Using a food processor or blender, puree the soup. Return to pot; add cream or milk; heat briefly and serve hot (or chill and serve cold the next day).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION