Recipe by Norelllaura1
This is a wonderful cucumber salad my grandmother used to make. It's great during bbq's and for picinics and as side dish during holidays
Top Review by BoxO'Wine
I was intrigued was the ingredients when I saw this recipe and just had to try it. Followed instructions exactly and produced a most interesting cucumber salad. It was sweet and refreshing and tasted almost like bread and butter pickles. The next time I make it, I will cut down on the water, sugar, and vinegar (at least in half) as I felt the salad had way to much liquid.
- 2 -3 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green peppers or 1⁄2 colored pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large container with a tight fitting lid.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a glass or teflon coated sauce pan and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Let boil for 1 minute making sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour over cucumber mixture.
- When cool place lid on container and refrigerate over night.