Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A very simple salad with a sharp, tangy taste to go with a weekend grilling.
- 3 cucumbers, scrubbed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl, and weigh down with a plate. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours. Drain the cucumbers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, white pepper, and dill.
- Pour the mixture over the cucumber slices, cover and chill for 4 hours.
These cucumbers are very good. I make them all of the time in the summer. Good summer staple recipe.