Although it's called cucumber potato salad, the recipe doesn't even call for cucumbers. It calls for cucumber dressing. I think next time this would be good if you threw in a few cucumbers too. This recipe serves 36 and is designed for large gatherings. I made 1/5th of the recipe or so and was pleasantly surprised at the flavor of the cucumber dressing. I must confess that I added a few hard-boiled eggs, used the celery ribs and the leaves, threw in some dill pickle juice, and I couldn't resist a few crunchy garlic dill pickles in the mixture. The recipe is great just by itself, but I love dill pickles and eggs in potato salad. Recipe from Taste of Home Holiday Potlucks and Barbecues (May 2009) courtesy of Marlene Muckenhirn, Delano, Minnesota. Thank you Marlene!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- 4Drain and cool.
- 5Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- 6In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onions, dill, and salt.
- 7In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and salad dressing until blended.
- 8Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 229.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cucumber ranch salad dressing