Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Although it's called cucumber potato salad, the recipe doesn't even call for cucumbers. It calls for cucumber dressing. I think next time this would be good if you threw in a few cucumbers too. This recipe serves 36 and is designed for large gatherings. I made 1/5th of the recipe or so and was pleasantly surprised at the flavor of the cucumber dressing. I must confess that I added a few hard-boiled eggs, used the celery ribs and the leaves, threw in some dill pickle juice, and I couldn't resist a few crunchy garlic dill pickles in the mixture. The recipe is great just by itself, but I love dill pickles and eggs in potato salad. Recipe from Taste of Home Holiday Potlucks and Barbecues (May 2009) courtesy of Marlene Muckenhirn, Delano, Minnesota. Thank you Marlene!
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 16 ounces cucumber ranch salad dressing
- Place potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onions, dill, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and salad dressing until blended.
- Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
I also found this on TOH. I have been making this for a few years now. Everyone who has tried it, absolutely loves it! I've handed out this recipe plenty! It's different and very easy to make; even though my husband prefers eggs in his salad, he even admits this is good without ... it's my go to summer barbecue/potluck recipe!