Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Foods with a Foreign Flavor textbook - posted for ZWT5.
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, cooked (can use canned)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rice, cooked & cooled (left-over is great)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup ham, diced (can use more)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Saute onions, green pepper, ham, bay leaf and 1/8 teaspoonful salt in oil. In large casserole, place drained beans, rice and onion/ham mixture. Toss lightly together. Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Agreed with Parsley. I also added minced garlic.
Simplicity always wins. This couldn't be easier to put together, and yet it turns out so tasty. I will be making this again! I even had some cold the next day for lunch. Made by a fellow Groovy GastroGnome for ZWT5.