Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a delightful pound cake with a moist interior and a crusty top. It is a secret family recipe that I don't really mind sharing outside of people I know.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter and flour one Bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and shortening.
- Add sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Alternately add flour and eggs beginning and ending with flour. Make sure to beat well after each egg.
- Stir in vanilla and pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
I have made this pound cake for years, and it has always been a BIG HIT!! It is absolutely delicious!! Jeff
I have been making this exact recipe for years now and it is delicious. Only difference is my recipe calls for cake/pasty flour instead of regular flour. Is that why the "crust" part often rises above the cake and falls off in huge chunks? Still delicious but not very pretty to serve to company. Please help!
The was so easy to make! I added a 1/4 cup white chocolate syrup( the kind that Starbucks usiese in their coffees). The cake tasted fabulous and everyone gave it rave reviews! I will definetly make this again! Thanks for sharing Mazachef!!!