Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came to me via my sister-in-law. Great for using up bits and pieces of vegetables and very tasty. Quick, too since you don't have to make a crust first!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2⁄3 cup broccoli, chopped fine
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped fine
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped, fried crisp & drained
- Prepare bacon, set aside and drain fat from skillet.
- In same skillet, heat oil; add onion, broccoli, & zucchini and cook until almost soft.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl, beat eggs with fork. Add milk, flour, cheeses, garlic powder, salt & pepper; mix well.
- Add vegetables and bacon to egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour into greased 10" pie plate or quiche pan. Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
I made this for weekend brunch and it was really good! I don't make very good crust, so this was right up my alley. I didn't have any bacon on hand, so I used diced ham instead (about 1 cup). Even the kids ate it! I like the ham flavor, but DH says to try the bacon next time for a stronger smokey flavor. I'll be making this again.
This is a wonderful and easy to make quiche! I added shaved carrots to the other veggies and it is soooooooooo good!! Good even cold!