1/1 Photo of Crustless Leek, Bacon & Cheese Quiche
Tried a leek quiche at a friends house, and even though my partner doesn't like leeks, he like that one. This is my version as I didn't want to ask for the recipe, but I reckon this one beats it hands down anyway :) Also, had to remove crust as doing a carb-reduced diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn on oven to 180°C to let oven come up to temperature.
- 2Slice leeks finely. Slice bacon into strips, and again into pieces. Grate cheese.
- 3Fry bacon with a little butter, then add leek and fry until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4In a bowl, break all eggs. Whisk and add dijon mustard. Continue whisking.
- 5In a shaker, add milk, cream and flour. Shake to mix, then add to egg mix whilst continuing to whisk. Season with salt & pepper.
- 6Add first measure of cheese and mix well with egg mixture.
- 7Assemble leeks and bacon in quiche dish (26cm), add egg mixture and use hand to mix all together.
- 8Add remaining grated cheese to top of mixture and sprinkle with paprika (optional).
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C, or until center is set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crustless Leek, Bacon & Cheese Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.3
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 451.9 mg
- Sodium 703.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 27.7 g