Tried a leek quiche at a friends house, and even though my partner doesn't like leeks, he like that one. This is my version as I didn't want to ask for the recipe, but I reckon this one beats it hands down anyway :) Also, had to remove crust as doing a carb-reduced diet.
- Turn on oven to 180°C to let oven come up to temperature.
- Slice leeks finely. Slice bacon into strips, and again into pieces. Grate cheese.
- Fry bacon with a little butter, then add leek and fry until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, break all eggs. Whisk and add dijon mustard. Continue whisking.
- In a shaker, add milk, cream and flour. Shake to mix, then add to egg mix whilst continuing to whisk. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add first measure of cheese and mix well with egg mixture.
- Assemble leeks and bacon in quiche dish (26cm), add egg mixture and use hand to mix all together.
- Add remaining grated cheese to top of mixture and sprinkle with paprika (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C, or until center is set.